Saturday, August 2, 2014

Zach's Cooking. . .

I have much to say about Zach's college experience and now that I'm blogging again, I'll do it in bits and pieces.  The second semester of his Junior year at Fox he started to do his own grocery shopping and cooking.  He's pretty thrifty to begin with but coming to terms with how much the meal plan at Fox was costing him (me) and how much was wasted, he decided to cook for himself.  He planned, budgeted, asked for suggestions, found a thrift store crock pot and started to cook for himself.  By the time he got home for the summer, he was an expert.  I'm not much of a cook or a shopper so there wasn't much food in the house for him to choose from but he still managed to pick and choose and put meals together for the family.  It was lovely. 



This is just one of his creations.  It was pretty good, too. (Picture taken May 12, 2014)

No comments: