Monday, August 4, 2014

Quest for a Spinny Thing. . .

At the beginning of May, Gloria and I drove to Newberg to pick up Zach and all of the stuff he had accumulated over the 2 semesters at Fox.  We were barely able to fit it all in:

(Picture date: May 3, 2104)


The only thing that wouldn't fit was his huge TV so I convinced him to take it to the Youth Ranch by agreeing to buy him a small flat panel in the fall (It's now fall and I'm going to have to follow through on that!!). 

So, we said good-bye to Jered and all of his room mates, stopped for lunch and headed for Portland. . .


We were seriously packed to the hilt. . .

Gloria decided that she really wanted to find a park with a Spinny Thing.  She's always loved Merry-Go-Rounds and they are difficult to find these days.  Could be because they are stupid-dangerous but, whatever. 

I told her if she could find one in Portland we could stop for a few minutes.  She did a Google Search and we let our GPS take us on a wild goose chase through Portland.  It was at least two hours of driving around before we actually found one.  In the meantime, Zach had fallen asleep and had no idea where we were when we finally stopped in a wooded area.  I honestly had no idea either.  Thank goodness for GPS.  It was very pretty, though!!









 
Honestly, my heart aches looking at these pictures because times like these are few and far between these days.  I love watching my kids interact and call out, "Mom, watch this!!"  These are the moments that I will remember. . .

No comments: