Friday, January 17, 2014

Stressful

I'm really getting too old for this business. It stresses me out. I worry about things I have no control over. Too many things can go wrong and when they do (which is very rare), all eyes are on you wondering what the heck is wrong. In the 10 + years we've been doing this we've only had one show that almost went in the toilet due to equipment failure but that was enough to keep me on edge. We've had minor technical difficulties that haven't affected the show but I wait on pins and needles for the moment that something might go wrong. 

Today was one of those days. It was a pretty big EDM show and a launch party of a huge 4 day show. We've had one bad encounter with the promoter of the show and that was enough to make me nervous about this one. There really isn't anything to be worried about. We've done bigger shows with bigger artists and I didn't even have to load in or work this show at all. My worry is really quite ridiculous. 

Kurt sent me this picture from the sold out show shortly after the 8 pm start time. Pretty cool...

And sent this one at 10:30....looks crazy...


Rob and I will help load out at midnight and we'll find out then just how much fun it really was...

Update:
I ended up going home instead of helping with the load out because I'm old and tired and get that option I guess. So I don't know how it went except for the updates I've seen on Facebook. According to everything I've read, the event was wildly successful. The reason I dont like getting sucked into Facebook is that one person wrote veiled, cryptic remarks about how difficult things were behind the scenes (for all I know it was probably something completely unrelated to us) and I've fretted about it off and on all day. I know that one of my "issues" is worrying about what people say about our business. And although I would estimate that more than 9 out of 10 people who have worked with us would say very positive things, I get caught up in that very small percentage who have a different opinion. Why can't I focus on the good things people say (or ignore opinions altogether!) instead of fretting over what one person MIGHT be saying. So, this is me, not giving a rats behind and acknowledging that the show was incredibly successful. And, seriously, why do I even care??


I borrowed this from a FB post and know with certainty that we did a great job!

No comments: