Sunday, January 26, 2014

McCall...

Thursday, January 23

Although I complain sometimes about the business, there are some things about it that are really good. This is our 4th year working the McCall Winter Carnival and they always take very good care of us. Housing is a very important part of our McCall events and they always provide something nice. I look forward to seeing what they have for us and I have fun checking out what the cupboards hold. For some reason it's more fun to cook in a kitchen that's not my own. They are vacation homes so they are usually fully stocked with everything we need. This is the front room. We'll need to pick up some wood for the stove!


I get excited about things like tea pots....

...and sturdy earthenware dishes....

The best part, however, is hiring Jamie to be my assistant for the weekend. She's great to have along for so many reasons but right at this moment she is listening to all of Rob's words about mixing sound. So I don't have to. And she is interested because she's a sound person, too. But I'm her favorite so we all get along great!

I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend. Knock on wood...

Sunday, January 26

I didn't have internet all weekend so I'm posting this on Sunday back at home. 

There were good things and bad things and knocking on wood didn't help because it was not relaxing. But it's over and from the outside looking in, everything went swimmingly. Just swimmingly. But I am tired of people telling me that if I would just try harder, in effect, suck it up even more than I already do, then things would be so much better. I cannot write my response to that. 

One more weekend and Winter Carnival is over. Wheee. 

No comments: