Monday, January 27, 2014

Feel-Good Music

Music speaks to me.  It always has.  And I listen to all kinds of music and genres, covers and originals.  It all depends on my mood.  Most of the bands we work with are pretty good but I generally like them more for the people that are in them than the actual music that they play.  I rarely just sit and listen to a band when we are working with them unless something really catches my ear.  Or my heart. 

All that to say, we worked with a band out of Austin, Texas this weekend that was incredible.  I knew I was going to like them from watching their YouTube videos and looked forward to it all weekend.  The band is T-Bird and the Breaks:


Not only were they incredibly talented but they were nice, too.  Nice is important.

Sam is the lead singer and he was great!!

I don't remember her name but she was very sweet.  I couldn't help but watch her sing and feel the good vibes that came with every doo-wop she uttered.  It was feel-good music and I was in need of some feel-good music for sure!!
 
Here's a video sample of their music.  And, yes, they really are this good!!


I actually stood and listened to this band pretty much the entire time they played.  Good stuff!!

(Picture credit goes to Jamie Woodbury who had the time and energy to take some great photos!)

No comments: